We are looking for a skilled HR Officer who will recruit, support, and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work.
If you are passionate about HR and highly efficient, give us a chance to meet you. We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and skills.
The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- Develop training and development programs
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an HR officer, administrator, or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development, etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSc/BA in business administration, social studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)
Frequently asked questions
What does a Human Resources Officer do?
A Human Resource Officer is a bridge that connects workforce needs with employer requirements. They act as mediators between employees and their organizations.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Human Resources Officer?
A Human Resource Officer is responsible for many duties across an organization, from recruiting and training staff to ensuring employees receive fair pay and benefits throughout the year.
What makes a good Human Resources Officer?
Human Resource Officers need to have excellent interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of employees and address complex subject matter professionally.
Who does a Human Resources Officer work with?
A Human Resource Officer typically works with a group of other HR professionals to ensure employees receive payments and handle HR-related issues as they arise. A Human Resources Director who oversees all aspects of the HR department usually supervises them.