Social Proof is committed to safeguarding the personal identifiable information that you share with us online. Generally, you can browse our website, www.social-proof.com (this “Site”), without sharing any personal information. However, should you wish to retain access to our proprietary and confidential resources (the “Resources”), or subscribe to our newsletter, or submit a form, you will be required to voluntarily submit personal information. We may also collect information on how you use this Site, such as resources browsed, searched and downloaded; the frequency and duration of visits, and your source Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Please read the following statement to understand how we collect, use, maintain, and disclose your personal information.
When Personal Information is Required
What Information We Collect
Personally identifiable information
This is information that may be used to identify you as an individual, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may collect this information in a number of ways on this Site, including, but not limited to, the on-line request a quote form, the newsletter form, as well as the comments form and email messages to any socialproof.com email address.
Non-personally identifiable information
This is information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We may collect this information in a number of ways on this Site, including, but not limited to, how you use this Site, such as resources browsed, searched and downloaded, the frequency and duration of visits, and your source IP address.
A cookie is a data file that certain Web sites write to your computer’s hard drive when you visit such sites. A cookie file can contain information, such as a user identification code, that the site uses to track the pages you have visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. We may collect information from your web sessions by using cookies, to determine, for example, user traffic patterns, and the effectiveness of our navigational structure.
Most Web site browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. You don’t need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of this Site, however, you may have to accept the receipt of cookies to access some Resources on this Site.
How We Use Your Information
If you choose to provide Social Proof with your personal information, where appropriate, Social Proof or subsidiary, representative, sales or affiliated sales channel representative, may use this information to contact you.
- We use the personal information collected during the use of this Site to personalize web content where applicable.
- We may also use your information to send you direct marketing information or contact you for market research.
- We will also use the information to contact you when your registration expires, when we have major functional changes to this Site, when we have added access privileges to your account, or when you initiate a task on this Site, such as find a password.
- We may contact you when changes are made to our secure content site.
- We may periodically send email for sales, marketing, and administrative purposes.
- We will periodically send you email when you are subscribed to our customer notification list for latest updates of our corporate and product news, and/or any other subscription list(s), and/or are a member of our secure content site.
- We may disclose information about our users when we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure is required by law.
Sharing Your Information
In cases where we need to disclose web usage reports to non-Social Proof inc. subsidiaries or affiliates, your personal information will remain anonymous. We do not disclose, sell, exchange nor trade your personal identifiable information to commercial mailing lists.
Maintaining Your Information
We take information security issues seriously. Consequently, any personal identifiable information is stored and protected on servers with adequate security measures. We will cease all communication and use of personal identifiable information upon your request. Your privileges for access to the Resources on this Site may then be suspended.
Links To Other Sites
This Site contains links to other Web sites. Please be aware that Social Proof is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave this Site to read the privacy policies of each and every Web site that collects personal identifiable information.
Changes To This Statement
If you are interested in learning more or are looking to request a quote, please contact us.